Icelandic/German metallers ÁRSTÍÐIR LÍFSINS have released a video for their new track Norðsæta gætis, herforingja Ormsins langa, taken from the forthcoming album Aldafǫðr ok munka dróttinn. The album is set to be released on March 6 via Ván Records.
Watch the video for Norðsæta gætis, herforingja Ormsins langa HERE
Sung entirely in Old Norse-Icelandic and with added Skaldic stanzas from the world-known Icelandic sagas, the band’s third album Aldafǫðr ok munka dróttinn (Old Icelandic for ‘Óðinn and the God of the Monks’), depicts the vivid and cruel Icelandic Middle Ages.
From ambient archaic folklore patterns – supported by dark chants and classical instruments – to black metal elements in their finest Norwegian tradition, ÁRSTÍÐIR LÍFSINS take the listener on a profound journey through Scandinavian history and myth.
Aldafǫðr ok munka dróttinn was composed and recorded in Germany and Iceland between May and November 2013 and then mixed and mastered in December 2013 by the experienced hands of producer Markus Stock at Klangsmiede Studio E (Empyrium, Helrunar and Secrets of the Moon). A full length album in every sense, the record spans a total of 81 minutes, divided into nine songs on two CDs or LPs.
Be prepared – this album will be nothing less than a true milestone in Old Norse-inspired metal music.
Aldafǫðr ok munka dróttinn – Track List
- Kastar heljar brenna fjarri ofan Ǫnundarfirðinum (12:10)
- Knǫrr siglandi birtisk á löngu bláu yfirborði (08:16)
- Þeir heilags dóms hirðar (13:42)
- Úlfs veðrit er ið CMXCIX (08:34)
- Máni, bróðir Sólar ok Mundilfara (04:32)
- Tími er kominn at kveða fyrir þér (08:34)
- Norðsæta gætis, herforingja Ormsins langa (06:10)
- Bituls skokra benvargs hreggjar á sér stað (08:20)
- Sem lengsk vánar lopts ljósgimu hvarfs dregr nærri (10:46)